2019 — Tokyo, Japan
17–20 March 2019, Location: Hilton Tokyo Odaiba 135-8625, Tokyo 1-9-1, Daiba,
Global Council 2019 — Tokyo, Japan
Year-after-year Global Council has proven to be a valuable platform where IIA leaders from around the world gather to collectively address the many needs of our members and stakeholders to discuss strategies to advance our profession, and participate in peer-to-peer networking opportunities.
What to expect at Global Council 2019:
Through lively discussion sessions, participants have an opportunity to engage with others and provide input on strategic initiatives and other significant matters being considered on a global basis.
SHARE & LEARN
Knowledge Exchange sessions foster an environment where leaders can examine opportunities to enhance member experiences and Affiliate operations.
Social and cultural activities, including a gala dinner and guided tour, are the ideal way to learn more about and appreciate the Japanese culture.
The 2019 Global Council program was built around several key topics:
- Global Assembly
- Three Lines of Defense
- Global Content Strategy
|Sunday, 17 March 2019|
|09:00–15:00||Affiliate Management Workshop (by invitation)|
|Monday, 18 March 2019|
|10:30–12:30||Breakout Discussion Session 1: Global Assembly|
|13:30–15:30||Breakout Discussion Session 2: Three Lines of Defense|
|16:00–17:00||Knowledge Exchange Session|
|18:30–21:30||Transportation to Cultural Evening and Dinner Hosted by IIA–Japan|
|Tuesday, 19 March 2019|
The Global State of the Profession & Trends Impacting the Profession
|10:30–12:30||Breakout Discussion Session 3: Global Content Strategy|
|13:30–15:00||Knowledge Exchange Session|
|15:30–17:00||Closing Session: The Year Ahead|
|Wednesday, 20 March 2019|
|07:30–16:00||Transportation to Cultural Tours Hosted by IIA Japan|
(groups depart/return at different times)
Registration, Hotel, and Visa Information
REGISTRATION: Registration closed on 18 January. If your Affiliate has not yet registered and would like to do so, please contact Global Services and Communications Manager, Shamika Townsend, by email at Shamika.Townsend@theiia.org.
VISA: If you require a Visa to attend the event, please complete the Visa Documents Request. Please note, depending on your country and the presence of the Japanese Embassy in your area, it may take anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks to receive your visa so you are encouraged to submit paperwork as soon as possible. If you are unsure if a visa is needed, please visit contact the nearest Japanese Embassy.
HOTEL ACCOMONDATIONS: IIA Global has arranged for Global Council delegates to enjoy special discounts on accommodations at the modern Hilton Tokyo Odaiba Hotel. Each delegate is responsible for his/her accommodations. For reservations, visit Hilton Tokyo Odaiba Hotel. The IIA will not provide documents for guests unless specifically requested via email to Shamika.Townsend@theiia.org.
IMPORTANT HOTEL INFORMATION:
- The deadline to make your hotel reservation is 18 February 2019.
- Payment for room and tax and all incidental charges is due in full upon check out. Payment can be made by cash, by certified check, or credit card. Hotel accepts American Express, Diners Club, Discover Card, Duet Card, Eurocard, JCB International, Maestro/Switch, Master Card or Visa.
- If you wish to cancel, please do so 1 day prior to arrival to avoid cancellation penalties.
- At check in, the front desk will verify your check-out date. Rates quoted are based on check-in date and length of stay. Should you choose to depart early a departure fee will be charged.
- Rates published are for single occupancy. An extra person charge per person may apply for 2 or more guests sharing the same guestroom.
- There is an 8.000 % per room per night tax and a 200.000 JPY per person per night secondary tax.
- A limited number of rooms for guests with special needs, in accordance with ADA, are available. Please contact the hotel reservations department to confirm your arrangements.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please send inquires to Institute.Relations@theiia.org.
Please visit the 2018 Global Council webpage for a summary and progress made on the topics from this year’s event.